Real Estate Economics
During the last few decades, the field of real estate has formed into its own scientific discipline. As the only such university unit in Finland, the real estate economics research group covers comprehensively the field of real estate.
- addresses the sustainable management of land-related rights and responsibilities, both below and above the ground, in human-centered living environment
- combines sustainable development principles in the studies of real estate and asset management, in national and international contexts
- relies on the operation mechanisms and legislative environment and on the theories of real estate economics
- develops state-of-the-art techniques used in the multidisciplinary analysis of real estate markets, real estate planning, and impact assessment
- includes studies in real estate business, investment and finance, land management, and economic and environmental law
Land management is concerned with the maintenance and development of cadastral systems, real estate supply, land policy and real estate structure design.
Contact Professor Kauko Viitanen or Assistant Professor Kirsikka Riekkinen
Real estate economics and valuation is concerned with the operation mechanisms and theories of real estate economics, real estate valuation, value formation, operations of land, housing and office markets, as well as investments.
Professor Kauko Viitanen, Assistant Professor Heidi Falkenbach